Sunday, September 22, 2024

Concert Review: Jeff Lynne's ELO


September 20, 2024: The Wells Fargo Center opened it's doors to a rock and roll cross-generational legend, and we gladly entered. Jeff Lynne's ELO rocked a full house crowd to 50-years of hits. I was transported back in time white knuckled-style to an era when I had a helluva lot more hair and all the hits of the night on original vinyl. What a night! ALL the hits of youth brought to my ear drums in ageless fashion by 76-year old Jeff Lynne. Two cellos and a violin allowed for an orchestral event that really did warrant a two-night engagement in the city of brotherly love!

 Rockaria was my favorite orchestral arrangement for sure! Hits like Do YA, Can't Get It Out of My Head and Don't Bring Me Down allowed my 17-year old self come out of the genie bottle for the next hour and 23 'minutes. My favorite women made their presence known: The Evil Woman and Sweet Talkin Woman made me wish for (way) younger single days! Shine A Little Love' would ya? They did and finishing with a RoCKIN encore of Mr. Blue Sky! 
Bucket list check-off for me! LOVE that band! Still powerful and relevant after all these years! 

I refuse to believe this farewell tour is Jeff Lynne's swansong. He just provides too much escape and enjoyment for millions of us and commands the respect of an enduring rock music brand!  
Grade: A+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home